2019 Autumn Edition
MARKET SENTIMENT REMAINS HIGH DESPITE SOME TURBULENCE
As we send this edition of the Hotel & Tourism SMARTreport off to the printers, the market scenario is evolving quite rapidly, leaving many wondering what the next months and years have in store.
Those who know Cleverdis – publishers of this work – will know that we are also publishers of a number of official trade show dailies – for events such as ITB Berlin, ITB China (in Shanghai), ITB Asia (in Singapore), IFTM Top Resa in Paris. The two most recent, ITB Asia and IFTM Top Resa, have taken place in the wake of several major company failures that have somewhat rocked the industry. Our feedback at these events has shown that while no-one can predict what is going to happen to the global economy, and consequently to the travel and tourism sector, what we have been able to ascertain is that most players continue to have a positive outlook. All analysts appear to agree on the fact that people will continue travelling, and in particular, the luxury sector remains bullish.
To this end, we were particularly honoured to have been invited to the official opening ceremony of Raffles in Singapore, and were thrilled to have had a long chat with the head of the Raffles group, Jeannette Ho – our feature interview in this edition.
In our Elite Travel Trends, we flashback to the 2019 Virtuoso Travel Week in Las Vegas, and our regional spotlight on the Americas reveals destinations and ideas you may not have considered in the past. Finally, our Innovations & Technologies section looks at how guest facing – and staff-facing technologies – are revolutionising the industry.
We hope you can gain some valuable insights from it all!
Richard Barnes – Editor-in-chief
- RAFFLES: BUILDING AN ICONIC BRAND
Jeannette Ho, Vice-President Raf es Brand and Strategic Partnerships
ELITE TRAVEL TRENDS
- A MOVEMENT TOWARDS “CARPE DIEM” TOURISM
- IN THE FIELD WITH MARY GOSTELOW
FROM AUCKLAND TO PARIS, TRADITIONAL SPAS ARE TURNING TO A HOLISTIC WELLNESS APPROACHR
- TAHOLISTIC WELLFEST – A FOUR-DAY MISSION TO CLEANSE THE MIND AND BODY
- WELLNESS TRAVEL NEWS
- BREAKING THE ICE IN THE SHIPBUILDING BUSINESS
- SEABOURN ANNOUNCES “2021 WORLD CRUISE: EXTRAORDINARY OCEANS”
- THE GRANDE DAME IS BACK!
- TRAVEL WEEK: INNOVATIONS, HOT DESTINATIONS AND AWARD WINNERS
- ELITE TRAVEL BOOM CONTINUES
- RECORD-BREAKING YEAR FOR HILTON LUXURY
- ACCOR DELVES EVEN DEEPER INTO LUXURY
- ELITE TRAVEL BOOM CONTINUES
AMERICAS & THE CARRIBEAN
- INTRA-AMERICAN TRAVEL BOOSTS GROWTH
- Facts & Figures
- GROWTH OF 2% IN INTERNATIONAL ARRIVALS FOR THE AMERICAS IN FIRST HALF 2019
- BRAND USA MAKES CONCERTED PUSH INTO EUROPE
- TUI OPENS ROUTE FROM DONCASTER SHEFFIELD TO ORLANDO
- MORE SOUTHWEST SERVICES TO HAWAII SET TO BEGIN SOON
- DELTA MOVES TO NEW TERMINAL AT SHANGHAI PUDONG
- UNITED MAKES GETTING AN UPGRADE EASIER
- MASSIVE NEW TRANSPORT PROJECT LAUNCHED IN LOS ANGELES
- PROJECT SUNRISE OPENS NEW HORIZONS
- Trending Destinations
- ON TURTLES, BOATS AND YOGA WITH GOATS
- ORLANDO BUILDS ON REPUTATION AS LEADING MICE DESTINATION
- NEW YORK’S REIMAGINED MOMA OPENS TO PUBLIC
- NANTUCKET IN THE AUTUMN
- ST. MARTIN + ANGUILLA – THE FLAVOUR OF THE SEASON
- MY NAME IS JAMAICA…
- PARADISE FOR COLUMBUS… AND FOR TODAY’S TRAVELLERS AS WELL
- A PRIME DESTINATION FOR NATURE LOVERS
- Trending Hotels
- PLAYA CATIVO LODGE – COSTA RICA
- TIERRA PATAGONIA HOTEL & SPA – CHILE
INNOVATIONS & TECHNOLOGIES