2019 Summer Edition
ELITE TRAVEL TRENDS
- HIGH-END CHINESE TRAVELLERS INCREASINGLY SEEKING “UNIQUE” EXPERIENCES
- IN THE FIELD WITH MARY GOSTELOW FROM THE IDYLLIC TO THE UNWITTINGLY BEAUTIFUL, THREE ROMANTIC LOCATIONS IN ASIA-PACIFIC
- HONEYMOONING IN PARADISE
- THE ORIGINALS, HUMAN HOTELS & RESORTS
- PLAYERS, HONEYMOONERS AND LOVERS OF FARNIENTE
- ON LUXURY, SUSTAINABILITY AND AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCES
- CORRECTING THE TOURISM TRADE BALANCE
- CHINESE HIGH-END CUSTOMISED TRAVEL
- THE EVOLUTION OF CHINESE LUXURY TRAVEL
ASIA – PACIFIC
- APAC RIDING WAVE OF TOURISM SUCCESS
- Facts & Figures
- TOURISM BOOM CONTINUES IN APAC
- RUSSIANS RUSH TO APAC: ARRIVALS UP 54.4%
- THE PATA VIEWPOINT
- NEW LINK… NEW HORIZONS
- FORBES TRAVEL GUIDE EXPANDING IN ASIA-PACIFIC
- Air Transport
- KEY NEWS ON APAC ROUTES AND AIRPORTS
- Trending Destinations
- INDIA… AS INCREDIBLE AS EVER
- ITB TRADE SHOW MAKES ITS WAY TO THE SOUTH ASIAN SUBCONTINENT IN 2020 WITH THE INAUGURAL EDITION OF ITB INDIA
- DESTINATION JAPAN
- BUMI KENYALANG
- Trending Hotels
- WHERE LUXURY MEETS MODERN ART
- ENERGY SAVINGS THROUGH INNOVATION
- EAST MEETS WEST
- MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL BOLSTERS ASIA PACIFIC LUXURY OFFERING
- MGALLERY BY SOFITEL TO DEBUT IN HONG KONG
INNOVATIONS & TECHNOLOGIES
APAC IN THE SPOTLIGHT… NEW DESTINATION IDEAS, AND KEY INFORMATION ON INDUSTRY TRENDS
Welcome to the summer edition of the Hotel & Tourism SMARTreport – focusing this season primarily on destinations in Asia-Pacific, while in our “Elite Travel Trends” section, we take a close-up look at trends concerning honeymoons, as well as details of a new report by Ctrip on high- end Chinese outbound tourism.
The Cleverdis team has been spending more and more time in Asia-Pacific, following a specialised consulting mission throughout last year with Tourism Malaysia (TourMAB.com), and now as publishers of the official show dailies at ITB China in Shanghai in May, ITB Asia in Singapore in October, and, coming soon, ITB India in Mumbai (in 2020). This gives us an interesting and more in-depth insight into trends and news in travel and tourism in this region, an area where trends, facts and gures are evolving so fast it can otherwise be hard to keep up!
We are also particularly happy to have had a chat in this edition with Audrey Hendley, President, American Express Travel, who gives us the latest news from her full- service travel and lifestyle network.
And in our innovations and technologies section, we spotlight Generation Z, and how this fast-growing group of travellers is changing the way those in the industry do business… and communicate.
We trust these insights will be useful in assisting you in your day-to-day business. Happy reading.
Richard Barnes – Editor-in-chief