Vassivière lake’s fine sandy beaches and recreational ports overflow with water activities, from sailing to leisurely visits aboard cruise boats. Enjoy majestic forests, explore secluded trails on foot, horseback, mountain-bike or quad. This is a land of legends combining contemporary artistic creation and local traditions.
It is a green land of valleys peppered with cows, lakes and forests, the mythical Dordogne river, the Impressionists’ valley in the Creuse, the Millevaches Regional Nature Park, the Vassivière lake – and markets where one can buy directly from local farmers. According to popular belief, the Millevaches plateau, located in the heart of the area, gets its name from the Germanic term batz (source), making it “the land of a thousand sources”. It is also a paradise for shermen, hikers and ornithologists.
- A paradise for nature fans: a water wonderland with thousands of streams. A kaleidoscope of landscapes.
- Many outdoor activities available: hiking, fishing, cycling…
- Traditions and gastronomy: farms, markets…
- Limoges (LIG) Paris: 1hr 10mins London: 1hr 30mins Manchester: 1hr 45mins
- Brive (BVE) Paris: 1hr 10mins London: 1hr 40mins Brive Paris: 4hrs 20mins Limoges Paris: 3hrs 20mins