10 DAYS / 1,480 KM
Bilbao the creative, with the Guggenheim museum – the gateway to the Basque cultural world.
Possibility to sleep over in Biarritz.
Biarritz Basque Country (Pau-Lourdes option)
• Morning: Stroll in Biarritz along the waterfront, then lunch in the market hall with products of Basque gastronomy (see Itinerary 1 for more details)
• Afternoon: Guided tour of Pau, the castle of Henri IV, promenade on the Boulevard des Pyrénées with a view of the mountains for a coffee… Or the sportier visitor can play golf on the oldest golf course in continental Europe, or go a kayaking in the whitewater stadium
• Dinner and night in a guest house in the vineyards of Jurançon. Possible Option: Excursion to Lourdes
Bordeaux, historic regional capital and gateway to the vineyards
Discover the UNESCO city to admire its historical heritage with an excursion in the vineyards (see Itinerary page 19 for more details).
• Morning: Discovery of the Cognac city centre, where King Francis I was born.
• Afternoon: Visit and tasting of Cognac in one of the grand houses of Cognac (Hennessy, Courvoisier, Rémy-Martin, Meukow), then embark on board a gabarre on the Charente river. OR ride a bike along the river by following the itinerary “Flow Velo” or discovering the vineyards while driving a classic car.
• Late afternoon: Return to Cognac to start your own Cognac collection
• Evening: Go to the Martell rooftop bar for a drink and to admire the old town.
La Rochelle-Ile de Ré-Marais Poitevin
• Morning: Discover La Rochelle, the old Port and its three towers by foot or bycycle, then visit the aquarium, one of the largest private aquariums in Europe Lunch tasting oysters and a seafood platter.
• Afternoon: Discovery of the Île de Ré by bicycle OR boat trip in the Marais Poitevin, the “Green Venice”, to study the fauna and flora.
• End of the day: After a busy day, wellness in one of the Thalasso centres.
• Morning: Guided tour of Poitiers historic city, the city of 100 steeples, classi ed City of Art and History
• Afternoon: Head for the Futuroscope to enjoy the second biggest French amusement park… Or family visit to the Vallée des Singes or visit of Rochefort, l’Hermione and the Corderie Royale
• Evening: Nearby Poitiers Futuroscope, night in unusual accommodation at De planet or in the heart of nature in the Center Parc le Bois aux Daims.
OPTION 1 (3 DAYS)
Travel to Mont-St-Michel, high place of pilgrimage.
OPTION 2 (3 DAYS)
Visit of the castles of the Loire, treasures of French history.
Paris, an eternal and surprising city… magical, sometimes secret! It is also the capital of gastronomy, fashion and shopping.
3 EXCLUSIVE STOPOVERS
- Stay at the Hotel 5* and spa Chais Monnet http://www.chaismonnethotel.com
- Oxygenation cure at Côte Thalasso de Ré http://www.cote-thalasso.fr/ ile-de-re/thalasso/les-cures/cure- oxygenation.html
- Visit the majestuous Saint-Savin Abbey and its painted walls with a digital tablet http://www.abbaye-saint-savin.fr/en