The Marais Poitevin is France’s second largest wetland and is often referred to as France’s “Green Venice”, a unique landscape that has been created, shaped and maintained by water across the centuries. The Nature Park of the Marais Poitevin is a magical location in any season for a romantic short break, outdoor adventure or family holiday. One can explore the Marais by foot or bicycle, take a guided tour, or rent a row-boat or canoe.
Niort, gateway to the historic Marais, is famous for the keep of Eleanor of Aquitaine and the indoor markets buzzing with activity.
- A green ecotourism destination par excellence
- One of the key areas in France for birdwatching and nature holidays
- Gastronomy and know-how: discover the flavours of the Poitevin Marshes
- La Rochelle-Île-de-Ré (LRH)
- Niort TGV Paris: 1hr 50mins