Virtuoso sees record growth, with higher than ever attendance at annual Travel Week in Las Vegas.
The 29th annual Virtuoso Travel Week in Las Vegas, held in August, saw 7% growth in attendance, a recordbreaking 5,670 travel professionals from 103 countries gathered at Bellagio Resort & Casino, ARIA Resort & Casino and Vdara Hotel & Spa, engaging in an incredible number of one-to-one meetings – over 327,000 of them, equaling more than 1.5 million minutes — or 2.9 years. The objective: to foster human connections between members and partners that lead to outstanding traveller experiences.
During the event, Virtuoso announced several updates on its network growth plus agency and advisor programmes:
- The network has reached a new record with 16,000 affiliated travel advisors. Virtuoso now includes over 800 agency locations in more than 45 countries. This growth extends across all global regions, with more than 1,000 advisors added since January 2017.
- Virtuoso advisor travel sales exceed US$21.2bn per year, an increase of 37% from the previous year.
- Virtuoso’s powerful brand is the engine that fuels this impressive growth, enabling the network and its agencies to attract new advisors. In 2017 alone, Virtuoso has received 1,902 advisor inquiries and referred 408 advisors to member agencies.
- To educate newcomers to the field, the Virtuoso Difference event, held at Virtuoso Travel Week, immersed 75 attendees for a day in the value of joining the network. The event inspired a high conversion rate to Virtuoso membership.
THE 2017 VIRTUOSO BEST OF THE BEST CATEGORIES AND WINNERS ARE:
- Hotel of the Year
Palazzo Seneca, Norcia, Italy
- Best Achievement in Design
Six Senses Douro Valley, Lamego, Portugal
- Best Dining Experience
La Terrazza – Hotel Eden Rome, Rome, Italy
- Best Bar
Bar Hemingway – Ritz Paris, Paris, France
- Best Family Program
The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, Naples, Florida, U.S.
- Best Wellness Program
Canyon Ranch, Tucson, Arizona, U.S.
- Best Virtuoso Experience
Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- Best Virtuoso Newcomer
Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown, New York, New York,
- Sustainable Tourism Leadership
Cavallo Point – the Lodge at Golden Gate, Sausalito, California, U.S.
- Best Virtuoso Hotel Ambassador
Kees Hogetoorn – Grand Hotel Amsterdam, an Accor Hotel
- Hotelier of the Year
Susanne Hatje – Mandarin Oriental, New York, New York, New York, U.S.
Meanwhile, during the Travel Week, Crystal Air Cruises’ fully customised, luxuriously appointed new Boeing 777, was christened Crystal Skye at an event at McCarran International Airport overseen by Virtuoso CEO Matthew Upchurch
Photo : Matthew Upchurch on the stage for the opening ceremony at Virtuoso Travel Week 2017