Lufthansa is to expand its Europe network with six new Frankfurt destinations for the winter now fixed.
Lufthansa has already launched into the winter season with six new destinations in Europe from Frankfurt. Kuusamo (Finland), Cluj and Timișoara (both in Romania) will be offered from Frankfurt for the first time, supplementing the Lufthansa flight offer. The Lufthansa summer destinations Reykjavik (Iceland), Palermo (Italy) and Santiago de Compostela (Spain) will also be offered all year round from Frankfurt for the first time. The new destinations for winter 2017/18 are available for booking effective immediately.
Focus on Romania
The Romanian cities of Cluj and Timişoara will be offered daily from Frankfurt for the first time with the start of the new winter flight plan 2017/18 (valid from 29 October 2017) and included in Lufthansa’s Europe offer. The two major cities have already been offered successfully from Munich for several years. Lufthansa will thereby offer its passengers four city connections from Germany to Romania, in addition to the popular connections to Bucharest and Sibiu (from Munich only). This considerably expanded offer provides both business travellers and holidaymakers numerous direct connections to destinations in Romania.
The economic centre of Cluj in Transylvania is one of the largest cities in Romania and has some 2.5 million inhabitants in its wide catchment area. The surroundings boast a beautiful landscape of mountains, forests and lakes, and invite visitors to hike through nature. The inner city of Cluj is characterised by historic buildings. Numerous churches are available for viewing.
Today, Timișoara is the historic, economic and cultural centre of the Banat. The modern, multicultural city is characterised by Baroque and Art Nouveau buildings. To this day, Timișoara is also known as “little Vienna”. The city owes this name to its architecture as well as to its charm. But today more than ever, Timișoara enjoys another epithet: “City of Roses and Parks”, which invite visitors to linger.
Kuusamo to become the fourth Lufthansa Lapland destination
Starting from 23 December 2017, there will be a flight every Saturday from Frankfurt to northern Finnish Kuusamo. Due to its nature and the ski sports centre Ruka, Kuusamo has become one of the major tourist centres in Finland. Together with Tromsø, Ivalo and Kittilä, (Lufthansa offers Kittilä from Munich only), Kuusamo is now the fourth Lapland destination to be included by Europe’s largest airline, due to its popularity among winter sports lovers and fans of the Northern Lights.
Reykjavik, Palermo and Santiago de Compostela now included in the flight plan all year round
Good news as well for all Iceland, Sicily and Spain fans: The existing Lufthansa summer destinations of Reykjavik, Palermo and Santiago de Compostela will now also be continued during the winter due to the strong demand. Three times a week, you can fly from Frankfurt to the Icelandic capital Reykjavik. There will also be up to two flights per week to Palermo from Frankfurt in the winter. Santiago de Compostela can now be visited all year round from Frankfurt three times a week, and once a week from Munich.
Further information and booking options for Lufthansa flights can be found online at LH.com or via the Lufthansa Service Center by phone at (069) 86 799 799 (landline rates). Flights can also be booked from Lufthansa travel agency partners as well as at the Lufthansa sales counters at airports.
The new connections at a glance
Frankfurt (FRA) – Cluj (CLJ)
- Once daily (from 29 October 2017)
- LH1412: FRA 14:45 – 17:50 CLJ
- LH1413: CLJ 18:35 – 19:45
- Price: from EUR 159 including taxes and fees
- Distance: 1,173 km (634 nautical miles)
- Embraer 190Frankfurt – Timișoara (TSR)
- Once daily (from 29 October 2017)
- LH1416: FRA 09:00 – 11:50 TSR
- LH1417: TSR 12:45 – 13:45
- Price: from EUR 149 including taxes and fees
- Distance: 1,062 km (573 nautical miles)
- Embraer 190Frankfurt (FRA) – Kuusamo (KAO)
- Once a week (Saturday from 23.12.2017)
- LH872: FRA 10:05 – 14:10 KAO
- LH873: KAO 15:15 – 17:30
- Price: from EUR 199 including taxes and fees
- Distance: 2,134 km (1152 nautical miles)
- Airbus A319Frankfurt – Reykjavik (KEF)
- Three times a week (Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday from 29 October 2017)
- LH1416: FRA 11:40 – 14:35 KEF
- LH1417: KEF 15:25 – 20:05
- Price: from EUR 229 including taxes and fees
- Distance: 2,408 km (1,300 nautical miles)
- Airbus A320Frankfurt – Palermo (PMO)
- Up to twice a week (Saturday, Sunday from 29 October 2017)
- LH1416: FRA 13:50 – 16:05 PMO
- LH1417: PMO 17:15 – 19:40
- Price: from EUR 109 including taxes and fees
- Distance: 1,365 km (737 nautical miles)
- Airbus A320 or A321Frankfurt – Santiago de Compostela (SCQ)
- Three times a week (Monday, Thursday, Friday from 29 October 2017)
- LH1110: FRA 09:50 – 12:30 SCQ
- LH1111: SCQ 13:50 – 16:15
- Price: from EUR 129 including taxes and fees
- Distance: 1,522 km (822 nautical miles)
- Airbus A320