French DMO Atout France develops powerful tools to optimise travel to France
Among the most remarkable initiatives of France in maintaining and improving its position as leader in the field of tourism initiatives, the nation has launched “thematic offerings” and “destination contracts” — great tools available to tourism professionals.
The seven “thematic offerings” put forward are summer mountain tourism, wine tourism, gastronomy, ecotourism, “savoir faire” tourism, night tourism, heritage tourism and cruises.
In terms of regions, and to answer the question ‘’Which regions to choose? ‘’ 22 “destination contracts” have been devised. These are tools developed to aid the attractiveness and valorisation of the territory in order to bring in more new international visitors.
They are grouped into five themes.
1. The Heritage offering, with Mont Saint Michel and its Bay, the Loire Valley, the Impressionist destination Normandy, around Louvre Lens, and Paris – “augmented” city;
2. Eco-tourism, highlighting the good life and the discovery of natural and heritage sites with Brittany, the art of living in Provence, Corsica, the Valley of the Dordogne, Guyana;
3. Wine and gastronomy tourism with Champagne, Burgundy,
Bordeaux, and Lyon – city of gastronomy
4. Mountain and revitalisation, with the mountains of the Jura, the Vosges, the Alps, the Auvergne, Mont Blanc and the Pyrenees.
5. Sport and relaxation with “Biarritz – golf destination”, and the French Riviera.
To encourage a better understanding and interest of and for these exceptional communication tools in terms of promoting “Destination France” and its “unique selling points”, Atout France – the country’s destination marketing organisation – is due to publish a “How To” guide targeting internation
al travel and tourism professionals for the occasion of ITB Berlin 2017. This document will be available not only at Atout France, but also through (among others) online via the “publications”
VIRTUOSO CHAIRMAN’S EVENT 2016 HELD IN PARIS
Following the attacks of November 2015 and at the initiative of Atout France, Matthew D. Upchurch, Chairman & CEO of Virtuoso, chose Paris as the city to host this most prestigious agship event in support of the French capital.
Over 120 participants from the luxury travel sector attended from the 13th to the 17th of November 2016 – the best travel agencies in the world coming together to see the leader of the tourism industry and specialist in the art of travel.