2016 Winter Edition
ELITE TRAVEL TRENDS
- THE RECIPE FOR SUCCESS IN TRAVEL PLANNING Olivier Glasberg, Associate Director, Succès Voyage
- GOOD THINGS OFTEN COME IN SMALL PACKAGES Tim Davis, Vice President Brand & Marketing, Small Luxury Hotels
- THE EPITOME OF EXCELLENCE Hamad Abdulla Al-Mulla, CEO, Katara Hospitality
- STAY DIFFERENT Stefan Leser, CEO, Jumeirah Group
- MOTIVATIONS FOR TRAVEL…
- LUXURY TRAVEL PROS FLOCK TO THE CITY OF STARS
AMERICAS & CARIBBEAN
- AMERICAN CARRIERS: GROWTH AND CONSOLIDATION
- STRONG US DOLLAR BOOSTS REGIONAL TOURISM
- TRENDING DESTINATIONS: BEYOND THE GATEWAYS Chris Ellis, Director, Global Trade Development, Brand USA
- THE (HAPPILY) “WEIRD” SIDE OF TEXAS Austin grows as meeting and convention destination
- THE BEACH IS JUST THE BEGINNING Jean-Marc Flambert, Vice-President,
Sales & Marketing, UK & Europe, Antigua Barbuda Tourism Authority
- TRENDING IN LATIN AMERICA Anna Avanesova, General Manager, Ada Tours
- FROM THE ARTISTIC TO THE EXTRAVAGANT…NEW AND TRENDING HOTELS
INNOVATIONS & TECHNOLOGIES
- IN THE FIELD WITH DAVID ESSERYK: DISRUPTIVE TECHNOLOGIES IN HOSPITALITY
- THE FUTURE IS OUT OF THE BOX Yves Lacheret, Senior Vice President Entrepreneurship Advocacy, AccorHotels
- LEVERAGING CHANGE
- REDEFINING THE HOSPITALITY EXPERIENCE Samsung introduces six step innovation roadmap
- A SOUND DIFFERENTIATOR Yamaha brings ideas and solutions to help an establishment truly stand out in the crowd
- TOTAL CONTROL Putting the guest in the driver’s seat!
LOCAL FLAVOURS ON A GLOBAL SCALE
Touching the real thing… Experiences… through sight, sound, touch, smell, taste and most importantly, sentiment, are what travellers want today. Gone is the epoch of the “global” hotel. In this edition of the SMARTreport, we look at a number of wonderful examples of hotels that immerse one in the local culture and flavour. This differentiation through localisation is underlined in our exclusive interview with Laurence Onfroy, CEO and founder of TemptingPlaces. Her understanding of the evolution of market demand has spawned a vision that is very much in line with this trend towards veritable local experiences.
Catering to sentiment and personal situations of the traveller at any particular time in his or her life governs what they want to see and do, and this is the subject of our interview with elite travel advisor Olivier Glasberg of Succès Voyages in France.
In this edition, we also spotlight the evolution of travel and tourism in the Americas, where the strong Greenback has created a new dynamic over the past year.
And our innovations and technologies section highlights ways hoteliers are leveraging “new tech” to not only create a more comfortable and interesting stay for the traveller, but also create new streams of revenue.
Enjoy the read!