2016 Autumn Edition
ELITE TRAVEL TRENDS
- THE ULTIMATE IN LUXURY Myriam Guyon, Co-founder, Voyages Confidentiels
- … JUST BREATH-TAKING Immersion Into the Shimmering Beauty of the Okavango Delta
- WHEN ONLY THE BEST WILL DO… Marrakesh boasts the “world’s best luxury spa” at the Selman Palace – on trending travel ideas
- MEET IN BALANCE: COMBINING BUSINESS WITH WELLBEING
- WHEN THE SENSE OF TOUCH MEETS THE SENSE OF TASTE
- VARIETY: THE SPICE OF… F&B
- MOROCCO FUSION ON THE IMPORTANCE OF CREATING A UNIQUE DINING EXPERIENCE
MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- QATAR AIRWAYS AFFIRMS GLOBAL VISION THROUGH EXPANSION
- AFRICA/MIDDLE EAST AIRLINE UPDATE
- DUBAI: NOW THE BUSIEST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IN THE WORLD
- NEW DAKAR AIRPORT DUE TO OPEN BY DECEMBER 2016
- BEYOND 2020 Issam Abdul Rahim Kazim, CEO, Dubai Corporation for Tourism and Commerce Marketing
- AJMAN – THE EMIRATE NOT TO BE MISSED Yamina Aoucher, Director of Tourism Development & Marketing Department, Ajman Tourism Development Department
- THE CHALLENGE OF LIVING UP TO THE OPEN DOOR POLICY
- THE RE-EMERGENCE OF MARRAKECH
- MOROCCO’S TOURISM VISION 2020
- THE PURSUIT OF A DREAM
- ESSQUE ZALU ZANZIBAR TO JOIN PER AQUUM PORTFOLIO
- A NEW “PARADISE EXPERIENCE” IN THE SEYCHELLES
- MUSLIM TRAVEL ESSENTIALS
INNOVATIONS & TECHNOLOGIES
- IN THE FIELD WITH DAVID ESSERYK: A MESSAGE TO TECH PROVIDERS
- THE TECHNICAL EVOLUTION OF IN-ROOM TECHNOLOGY Meeting the challenges of tomorrow without disposing of yesterday’s infrastructure
- HILTON AND IBM PILOT “CONNIE”, THE WORLD’S FIRST WATSON-ENABLED HOTEL CONCIERGE
- YOU READ ABOUT IT…WE TRIED IT! Cutting edge HMS @ Grand Ambassador Seoul
Seeking The Rare Pearls
This edition of the Hotel & Tourism SMART report, in the “elite travel trends” section, we take a closer look at some of the most extraordinary “immersive” travel experiences on the market. Our geographic spotlight is Middle East and Africa – regions where travellers can find some of the most exotic and wild destinations in the world. To this end, Myriam Guyon – cofounder of the high-end agency Voyages Confidentiels, says that more than an “experience”, people are looking for emotions.
In this sense, the work of the travel advisor face to face with clients has never been more important, as highlighted in a new whitepaper published by Virtuoso, elucidating a disenchantment of travellers for the impersonal nature of web-based services.
Our feature interview this issue is, we are very pleased to say, with Ted Teng, President & CEO of The Leading Hotels of the World, who tells us he has literally scrapped his “Destination 2020” plan and is beginning an entirely new process of planning in order to transform his business.
And in our innovations and technology section we look at ways savvy hotels are leveraging the latest technologies to create new efficiencies and adding value, excitement and improved comfort for guests.
We hope you enjoy the read and look forward to your feedback!