ETOA, the European tourism association, is the leading trade association for tour operators and suppliers with business in European destinations. Over 700 members contribute more than E12bn of business within Europe and include tour and online operators, intermediaries and wholesalers; European tourist boards, hotels, attractions and other tourism suppliers.
ETOA aim to be the most influential driver for growth in European tourism and a trusted resource for policy makers and businesses. They want to improve the regulatory environment for European tourism; provide valuable services and expertise to their members & partners and design and deliver market-leading trade events and seminars.
ETOA offers an unparalleled networking/contracting platform for tourism professionals organising B2B events. Their flagship workshops include:
- HEM – Hoteliers European Marketplace. This is a one day workshop at which European hotels and hotel chains meet contractors from around the world.
- MAMA – March Marketplace consists of two days of business meetings dedicated to selling the British and Irish product.
- City Fair – gives European destinations and suppliers the opportunity to meet selected travel buyers in a productive business environment.
- Showcase. Travel Digital – brings technology buyers from tourism business to meet technology providers.
- GEM – Global European Marketplace brings together international travel buyers and European suppliers for one day of pre-scheduled appointments. Last year 700 delegates attended with over 14,000 meetings scheduled across the day.
The organisation also provides:
Tour Guide ID cards to its member’s guides to support the freedom of tour guides working in Europe to deliver cultural commentary to tourists in public places without interference.
Advocacy support on a European level, high profile industry Campaigns and B2B marketing representation opportunities; all in order to promote Europe as the world’s number one tourism destination.
For more information: www.etoa.org