Mission & Purpose
Hospitality Technology Next Generation (HTNG) is a global not-for-profit trade association that fosters, through collaboration and partnership among hospitality professionals and technology providers, the development of next-generation solutions that will enable them to do business globally in the 21st century.
HTNG is run by and for the benefit of hospitality IT executives, with active support from technology providers and other industry participants. It is governed by a Board of Governors, consisting of senior IT executives from 20+ leading hospitality companies.
HTNG facilitates the development of technology models for hospitality that will foster innovation, improve the guest experience, increase the effectiveness and efficiency of hospitality venues and create a healthy ecosystem of technology suppliers.
The goals of HTNG’s facilitation are:
- To allow cooperating vendors to more easily integrate their products, and to jointly deliver and support them throughout the world.
- To allow cooperating hospitality venues to spread the burden of developing, maintaining, and operating common, non-strategic systems.
- To enable service-based providers to more easily integrate, deploy and support technology products from multiple vendors, so that hospitality companies can buy more complete solutions with fewer direct supplier relationships.
- To reduce requirements for onsite IT support at hospitality properties through central hosting of applications and remote monitoring and management of devices wherever feasible.
- To maximize the use of standard methods of systems integration, whether through ratified standards with certification, or through de facto adoption of common methods.
- To allow vendors and hospitality professionals to focus more of their R&D resources on innovation to drive competitive advantage, and less on “commodity” technologies.
HTNG is incorporated as HTNG Illinois (NFP) in the State of Illinois, USA, and is classified as a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization by the US Internal Revenue Service. HTNG Illinois (NFP) operates under the trading name of Hospitality Technology Next Generation..