2016 Summer Edition
ELITE TRAVEL TRENDS
- TRENDS & FIGURES: TREND TO MORE HOLIDAYS WITHIN APAC
- THE PATA VIEWPOINT Mario Hardy, CEO, Pacific Asia Travel Association
- TRENDS & NEWS IN APAC AIR TRANSPORT
- ASIA PACIFIC INBOUND / TRENDING DESTINATIONS: WONDERS NEVER CEASE Arief Yahya, Minister of Tourism of Indonesia
- TAHA’A: THE PEARL OF POLYNESIA Previously reputed for its pearls and vanilla… now the veritable lap of “natural” luxury
- ASIA PACIFIC OUTBOUND: WELCOMING CHINESE VISITORS GLOBALLY Tips and ideas on what to provide, and what to avoid!
- HOTEL GROUPS “GET INTO GEAR” FOR CHINESE TRAVELLERS Welcoming programmes rolling out across global networks to cater for boom in Chinese outbound travel
INNOVATIONS & TECHNOLOGIES
- THE HOTEL OF THE FUTURE Floor Bleeker, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts David Esseryk, AccorHotels Christian Lundén, Nordic Choice Hotels Monika Nerger, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Jonathan Wilson, Hilton Worldwide
- CONNIE, COGNITIVE REASONING AND MEANINGFUL TECHNOLOGY Jonathan Wilson, VP of Product Innovation and Brand Services, Hilton Worldwide
- WE WANT TO KNOW YOU BETTER… Christian Lundén, Director of Future Business, Nordic Choice Hotels
- PHISHING, SPYWARE, TROJANS… Monika Nerger, Global Chief Information Officer, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
- THE HOTEL INTERNET OF THINGS REVOLUTION WILL COME… BUT WHEN? David Esseryk, Vice President Guest Technology & Innovation, AccorHotels
- BURNING ISSUE? WHAT BURNING ISSUE? Floor Bleeker, Chief Information Officer, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
- IN THE FIELD WITH DAVID ESSERYK MY DEVICE… MY CONTENT
- ULTIMATE GUEST COMFORT COMES WITHIN REACH Samsung’s totally integrated solution becomes a key element in hospitality services
- BRINGING THE GUESTROOM TO LIFE Thibault de Heere, Group Business Development Manager, Hospitality Buildings, Legrand
- THE EVOLUTION OF HOTEL SECURITY Christophe Sut, Vice President of Business Development, ASSA ABLOY Hospitality
- CREATING GUEST EXPERIENCES THAT MATTER Candice DeLuca, CMO, Exceptional Innovation
- CREATING AND CONTROLLING HOSPITALITY DISPLAYS JUST GOT EASIER Philips “puts the customer in CMND” with a simple to use server-based solution
A New Landmark
This is this 30th edition of our SMARTreport – a “landmark” for our publication dedicated to the efficient information flow in the hospitality and travel industries, with an end of achieving greater overall growth and harmony.
In this ilk, we are proud to announce the beginning of research for the world’s first “Cleverdis Global Encyclopaedia of Travel and Tourism” – to be launched in Autumn 2017.
We are honoured by the participation of World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) Secretary-General Taleb Rifai in this edition, underlining the importance of his organisation’s First World Conference on Tourism for Development in Beijing on 18-21 May 2016 in partnership with the government of the Peoples’ Republic of China. We are very pleased also to have the presence of Jean-François Ferret – CEO of Relais & Châteaux, who reveals how his organisation’s philosophy is evolving in 2016, and our elite travel trends section spotlights the ultimate travel experiences, on the ground, on the water and in the air.
Our global destination spotlight centres on the Asia-Pacific region, which continues to grow in terms of inbound travellers, but also hosts the biggest outbound growth market… of course – China. In this edition’s innovation and technology section, we head back to the “unavoidable” Hitec show in the USA – the Mecca of hotel and tourism technologies (of which of course we are media partners). Again this year we have grouped together the world’s top hotel “tech brains” to create a virtual think tank that no one in the industry should miss!
We hope this edition will prove to be rich and useful, and look forward to your feedback.